Thursday, January 19, 2017

January 19th

It's a bittersweet day for me. I am so sad leaving this wonderful class. Tuesday they surprised me with a going away party for lunch. They have rained out pourings of love and gifts beyond deserving. I will truly miss seeing them everyday. I leave them in good hands with Mr. Harrison.

On a positive note, I am looking forward to working with them during my sabbatical. We will have some amazing learning ahead of us!


Here's what we have been up to


  • Order of Operations; PEMDAS- Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally
    • We actually had a math teacher from the high school in during this time and she was totally impressed with our thinking skills 
  • exponents
  • we learned to read through more difficult nonfiction text and have a set of game cards of strategies to help us when we get stuck
  • we've had a test on the location and spelling of the Thirteen Colonies
  • we have explored the three colonial regions are beginning to compare and contrast them
  • we're are into our Words Their Way and should be sorting words nightly
  • we have explored the importance of content vocabulary, learned to put what we are reading into our own words, take notes and put our knowledge into summaries.



No comments:

Post a Comment